• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Repeater give a different effect every time?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-11-03 180423.png

I know that I can fix the above problem by playing with the anchor point of the shape, but I don't understand why I get different results every time... Sometimes even when I apply a repeater to a copy of a shape I animated, the result is different. Everything is the same but the result is different. Sometimes it is really tiring to deal with anchor points all the time. I may even have to redo the whole animation from the beginning. What to pay attention to when using the repeater or before using it.

TOPICS
Experiment , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by pressing the 'u' key twice when you have created your shape layer, and make sure everything but the size is normalized. Another option would be to select the Center Anchor Point in New Shape Layers on the first page of Preferences (use Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ; to open). That will only work for the first shape you create, so I almost always have it turned off. 

If you have the selection tool (v) active, select the shape in the timeline, then look closely at the Comp Panel; you can see a small Anchor Point icon on the shape. Sometimes, the shape color makes this small anchor point difficult to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines