• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Cinema 4D installed as part of After Effects CC? What happens if I remove Cinema 4D?

Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you stop installing crapware on my systems. I don't want Cinema 4D on my system. 

My hard drive space is for me not Adobe!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GiantJoe202 

Including support for true 3d was a long standing user feature request and the integration of Cinema 4D Lite met that request, bringing the leading software for 2d and 2.5d motion graphics and the leading software for 3d motion graphics together at no additional cost.

(It would be great of this worked in reverse with a Maxon One subscription including After Effects Lite, but I’m not sure there’s strong demand for it.)

Since the edition of Cinema 4D Lite, some users who will never use this option requested being able to skip the installation of it, which is now an option.

The user request for true 3D was implemented.

The user request to not have it was implemented.

Anyone with an active Creative Cloud plan that includes After Effects can use Cinema 4D Lite - After Effects just needs to be open to do so.  Is your feature request that you would like Cinema 4D Lite to launch on its own?  Or is there something else that you’d like to see in regards to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the answer.

No nothing that I want... it was just to better understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was barely implemented. I'm one of the users who doesn't want nor need cinema 4d taking up my disk space.

While yes, they gave us a checkbox to opt out when installing AE (really should be opt in, but that's not the point), the checkbox is pretty much useless because as soon as you go and update AE, it installs cinema 4d again without even asking. You can uninstall it, but you have to do that every single time you update.

I'm honestly very mad at adobe for this. not only are they installing software without my consent (as other people mentioned already), but they are actively ignoring the checkbox where I speciffically selected NOT to install said software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the option to not install Cinema 4D Lite is not persisting for updates, that's certainly a bug to report.

Besides the After Effects user guide (After Effects > Working with other applications > Cinema 4D and Cineware), how would you like users to be made aware that it is included before subscribing to an Adobe plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines