• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my effects panel listed out and not in categories or folders?

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 4.57.14 PM.png

Hello, I am new to After Effects and currently learning from tutorials online. When I go to my effects panel, it is extremely messy and has hundreds of effects listed out in alphabetical order. For everyone else I have seen them listed neatly into categories, like (matte) or (distorts) or (3D). Instead I just have this giant list which does not help me at all and actually makes things more overwhelming. How can I make my effects panel neatly organized into categories by their primary function?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can view Effects & Presets by Categories, Finder Folders, or Alphabetical by clicking on the Effect & Presets pop-up menu (also called the hamburger menu) and choosing the desired option.

WarrenHeaton_0-1652137717547.png

It sounds like you might like FX Console by Video Copilot (https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fx_console_plugin/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines