• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my mask not inside the points I drew?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find attached a picture to see what I mean. Every time I try drawing a mask it is in the completely wrong place. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you have a "Transform" effect on the adjustment layer, and you have 2 keyframes on the scale parameter, so try to turn off your adjustment layer or the transform effect Draw your mask then turn on the adjustment layer or the effects again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@OussK 's diagnosis is spot on. You are making a mess with your adjustment layer and transforms. This is a typical beginner error of trying to do too much at once in a single comp. Learn to structure your work by isolating steps in pre-comps and educate yourself on how AE actually handles things in a specific order.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines