Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my mask only taking away colour?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Im trying to mask out half of my shape but the mask is only removing colour.

What am I doing wrong?

layermask.png

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your cropped screengrab offers no clues to the issue.  Please provide a screengrab of the entire interface, with effects and adjusted parameters visible on the timeline.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Mask applied to an Adjustment Layer above the Layer that is Source Footage (the concentric rings)?

If so, cut and paste it from the Adjustment Layer to the rings layer.  If the Spacial Resolution of the two layers does not match (that is, they are not the same width and height), you may have to nudge the Mask after pasting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren, those concentric rings are a radio wave effect. I have applied the mask to the adjustment layer (It's not working). If I try to apply the mask to the solid layer with the radio waves effect it becomes a shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Masks on adjustment layers masks the adjustment layer, limited what it adjusts.  Try adding a linear wipe to the adjustment layer instead.  That will cut off part of the radio waves for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines