• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my repeater cutting out?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the repeater set to 1200 but it is cutting out after what seems about 20 repeats.

It is a very simple comp, just 2 rectangles.

Dennis230877758t7n_0-1656811001671.png

Any help is welcome as it is driving me crazy.

I have used repeaters lots and I haven't encountered this before.

Same with this one, even simpler. I have set the repeater to 4000 so it should go on for quite a while.....but it just stops?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not help solve the issue with repeaters.. but if you want to achieve this effect just makr rectangle, rotate 45 degrees, keyframe scale so they disappear from view eventually (like you did in the video). Also make sure that the keyframes are spaced at a round number (e.g. scale 0 at 0:00 and scale 300 at 0:30. 300 may varydepending on how big it needs to be to cover the whole comp. offset the second rectangle by 15/30 frames top). Precomp and apply the Echo  effect. Set the Echo Time to -1.00 and then adjust the Number of Echoes to something like 50. This should solve your problem with the number of copies issue.

Hope this makes sense! If it doesn't, I will send a video tomorrow morning (10 PM EST right now). 

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give this a go later and will let you know how I get on!

Thanks for your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just playing around with it now and this has helped a lot.

Thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to do that, is by animating one square only and add echo filter and change the filter settings to get the effects you want, and if you want 2 colors red and white, you can simply use 2 layers and add echo filter on each layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I shall be giving this a go! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd guess what's happening is that the accumulated size of all repeater instances exceeds AE's layer/ buffer size limit so they aren't rendering.  

Others have mentioned the Echo effect, but I'd like to give a shout out to Radio Waves which can also do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that could be the case.

Im having decent success with echo but will give radio waves a try. I'm a bit more familiar with that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a math problem, not a repeater problem. If your scale is set to 4% and you repeat a 1000X1000 pixel rectangle three times, the first repeat will be 40 pixels, and the second will be less than one pixel and, therefore, invisible. 

I'm not sure what kind of animation you are trying to produce. If you want a tunnel of shapes to fly toward the camera, the most efficient workflow is to create your tunnel, animate the offset until you get a couple of matching frames, then trim the layer, Pre-compose adjusting the new comp length to the layer duration, then Time Remap, move to the last keyframe, then move back one frame so you can see something. Set a new TR keyframe, delete the last TR keyframe, then add a loopOut() expression to time remapping. You'll get an endless loop of moving shapes that will last as long as you need and render almost instantly. 

RickGerard_1-1656897763751.png

See the attached comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.

The other suggestions of using Echo has worked really well but I will definitely give this a try tonight and see which methods work best for me.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines