• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why wont the text fill change colour?

New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there. It sounds really obvious but for some reason in adobe after effects after selecting the colour white or any other colour it doesnt change.

The fill can change to no fill from black but not any other colour. Hope thats clear.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double  check your Character Settings: you may have something odd like Stroke Over Fill selected.  And don't forget to highlight the text when you do this, or nothing will take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dave's suggestions don't help, show us screenshots and give exact steps to tell us what you're trying. We need details in order to know how to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problems. My default text fill does not change from white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhaskar_sharma_0-1596367551390.png

bhaskar_sharma_1-1596367580655.png

The text colour change does not appear in the final composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text layer must either have all text selected with the text tool or the layer must be selected in the timeline with the selection tool to change the font color in the Character Pannel.

If that doesn't work, select the text layer in your timeline, press the U key twice to reveal all changed properties. If you don't see fill color then drill down until you get it and change it there.

If that doesn't work we need a screen shot with all properties of your text layer revealed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue happen to me just a bit ago...turns out I had accidentally pressed some weird hot key that changed my view settings?

The hot key was Alt+4, apparently this "shows red green blue or alpha channels as gray-scale" but when I toggled it off the color changes showed up just fine!

You can tell if your comp has Alt+4 toggled on if you see the top and bottom boarders of your view lined in white (as shown below)

example.PNG

If your having these problems try typing Alt+4 and see if its fixed!

~best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

question a first timer here - working on a title.

I want to key frame text of white fill and black stroke to just black stroke and no fill  -- if that make sense,  I can only go from one fill to another or no fill to no fill. In other words I want the text to become transparent and reveal the background.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It's preferable to start a new thread so that people can search for it if they have the same problem, however, since we're here:

Toggle open your text layer, press the Animate button and select Fill Color/Opacity. Animator 1 will appear and you can keyframe in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if someone is still having this issue, I had it too and turned out that there was a huge black stroke over my text and the stroke settings were set to "stroke  over fill"

Fix your strokes people! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue - never resolved it but I found a quick fix to correct it, go to text in your layer preview and  just right click > layer styles > color overlay > pick the color you want and voila it'll change it

AE help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiya - I know this is from a while ago but wanted to add my thoughts in case any one had the same problem.

I was having the same issue & nothing was working - untill I closed and reopened the 'Essential Graphics' window. Then everything worked again 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines