Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wiggle animation on responsive design goes crazy fast

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made a simple overlay with some Wiggle animations on the rotation property. Nothing fancy.

When I import the .mogrt in Premiere , the animation speed on the Wiggle goes crazy when I shorten the layer.

How can I fix the Wiggle so the speeds remains constant?

Thanks
Matthias

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the modified properties of the layers you are having problems with the screenshots and give us workflow details. Please do not use the drag and drop here field. It is not reliable or easy for us to use to view your screenshots. Just drag them to the reply field on the forum or use the toolbar to embed them.

If you want to keep animation speed constant you need to create protected areas in your timeline using markers. This is covered in the Extended Graphics documentation. Without knowing your workflow in detail or seeing your comp with the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems I can only guess that you have followed the wrong workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I've included the reduced AE-project to have a look at my composition.

OVERLAY_ISSUE.AEP 

AE:

1. Simple shapes animate in/out via keyframes (protected regions).
  2. Animated rotation with the Wiggle Expression.

PR:

1. Importing the .mogrt in Premiere via Essential Graphics.
  2. Retiming the the layer: in/out animation is OK, animation speed of shapes speeds up.

Maybe there's an After Effects Expression that retimes the Wiggle function over the length of the comp? But does Premiere recognizes such Expression?

Thanks

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines