• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will after effects update an imported comp if you adjust the original comp?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone just a quick question

I have a rig that I've developed using after effects and I've imported it into a new document, I was just wondering if I was able to update/reload the old after effects file in the new composition,  is there any way to make after effects update the rig in any documents that the file was imported to? Or will I have to re-import it and start again

Thank you

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. Upon import the origianl project structure ceases to exist and is converted into the native structure of the importing project. It's not an exteranl reference like an asset.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is such a shame, but thank you for the answer, looks like I'm going to be going wild for a while making mouth shapes and emotions hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines