• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wood texture flickering in background, how to reduce?

Participant ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I show this video of me narrating an intro yesterday and added it to my composition. Now I run it, the wooden draws in the background have a flickering blocky distortion on them, which is noticable and annoying.

Is there an effect or something I can do to reduce or remove this flickering?
I thought of a blur and mask and animate the mask around me, but if there is a quicker answer I would be happy to hear.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 10.00.46 AM.png

practice safe design | use a concept ~ Petrula Vrontikis
TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's any number of "remove MPEG artifacts" tutorials, but ultimately your footage looks so extremely compressed, you'll probably always have remnants. There's also a dedicated effect in Boris FX and you can of course by all manner of other plug-ins as well that may be useful. Anyway, the typical drill is to separate all color components using effects like Shift Channels on separate layers, then smooth out the colors and then re-combine them using Add blending mode, give or take any extra processing inbetween.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines