• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work in mac render in windows

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to continue to work in MacOS and render on a windows box. C4D and redshift as well but that's a different convo. Is there a way to add what I'm working on in Mac direct to windows version of AE queue or windows ME on a separate machine? Preferably to render straight to QT prores (not an img seq) 

I guess I'm simply looking for the optimal way to work in mac and render in windows maybe thru a shared drive? Or is there a better way? 
thanks

TOPICS
Dynamic link , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add stuff directly to a render queue from a different computer. That's regardless of whether it's a Mac or not. AE simply has no access to remote instances of AME in this fashion. At best I would imagine you could use the watch folder option in AME, but even then you may have to at least open the projects on a PC and re-save them to straighten out any kinks with regards to updating file paths, font usage, plug-ins.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the best option would probably be a shared drive? Save on Mac and close and open on pc and render? Or an img seq with a multi machine set up? Just trying to figure out if it's worth doing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course you're going to need some sort of shared drive ideally or else you'll be forever copying huge amounts of footage back and forth. How you proceed from there is entirely up to you.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines