• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worked on a large project in After effects, every new project since has slowed down considerably

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had worked on a large project in after effects 2 weeks ago on my Mac pro 16 inch 2019. The project was large so the previews slowed down considerably as expected. But ever since i worked on that project every new project i create in after effects no matter how small has slowed down considerably to the point where i cant even preview without AE giving me a low memory warning. I have adjusted the memory and performance, i have purged the memory and cleared the cache and tried virtually everything i can find on youtube and nothing changes. It was working perfectly fine since working on that large project and ever since its so slow i can barely work on anything new. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting your preferences. I'm seeing a lot of performance problems related to corrupted preferences that can't be fixed by just changing the settings. You need to hold down Shif + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you open AE and reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines