Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working With 60 fps Realtime Playback workflow

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a good pc and lots of rams

I've set the composition to 60fps, import a 60 fps fottage, and also interprete the fottage to 60 fps. When I preview it on the viewport, the realtimeplay back was in slow motion. No matter how I've changed the the preview quality to Full/Half/... it was still in slow motion, even with the green bar fully rendered. I've tried the video with formats of mov and dnx it still didnt have an impact. Is there a solution to this?

Is this an after effect problems with importing 60 fps fottage? It works fine with Primier Pro.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a proxy. I had tons of frustration with playback lag and proxies have helped so much. Right click your footage and select Proxy > Movie. I think the reason why it works in Premiere is because for some reason, Premiere takes awhile to PLAY the footage but it runs smoothly usually when it does play.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using the proxies, it still didn't turn out to fix the problem. Proxies are great for big files, but I don't know why when the composition is in 60 fps, the playback speed is still in "slow motion" not choppy, no lag, like a slow motion effect. I even try with 240P 60 fps and still after effects hates 60 fps workflow. I also can' find any videos online that uses proxies for 60 fps proxies for a 60fps composition. I guess I would have to stick with 24/25/30 fps.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines