• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write On Brush Cursor missing

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AE for the first time. I am creating a white board animation of simple text.

I am using the Write On effect. I have been using this effect the same way, spread over the course of 4 days. It's been working well. 

Nearing the end of the project I shut AE down Friday. When I returned today (Monday) I opened the program to resume and now I do not have the write on brush cursor visible. My procedure has been to use page down to advance to the next keyfram, grab and drag the brush cursor to where I want it to be positioned, then page down again for the next key frame. Lather, rinse, repeat. This morning the cursor is not there so I cannot move the cursor around. 
I cannot find any setting to effect this. 
I'm working on a windows 10 machine and AE 2022. I would appreciate any help. At this point, the project is lost if I can't set more keyframes. Capture.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the view options in the comp viewer flyout menu. Also check your hardware acceleration options and zoom out to 200 % or 100 %. Flushing the disk caches may also be advisable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mylenium, for the response. I never solved the issue, but I think it's because I had too much going on (.ai files, many, MANY keyframes) for my hardware to keep up with. I split the file into two files to cut down on the load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines