Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zaxwerks software???

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

so I'm trying to find out what happened to Zaxwerks and it's plugins for AE. The reason I'm asking here is because their website is still up, and they still sell plugins for AE, but there are no updates and no one answers on the support. I'm at Witt's end because I use their 3 D plugin for a high end client and have saved files they I use, but it crashes non stop. I was hoping to get some answers here. 
Also, what alternative do we have for 3D logo modeling/texturing with AE?

thank you!

Todd

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what has happened to Zaxwerks but as for alternatives.

Element from Videocopilot.net -https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element2/

AE can import native Cinema4D files and comes with C4DLite which can do 3D Text and log creation from imported vector files.

The latest beta can import some 3D files like obj natively and animate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Yes I do have Element. I have created OBJ files using 3DS Max and imported them in. Zaxwerks was ideal for the quick turnaround using AI files and importing in their color palette. It's quite a shame the dropped off the planet with no explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest AE Beta supports import of 3D Models with textures. You can also create/design logos with the Shape Layer and Text Tool - 

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/10/18/max-2022-new-after-effects-features-shipping-in-public-...

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines