• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control comp markers in pre-comp

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will pre-comp a comp with markers, the markers are visible but they are not being updated in the first comp when you move them.  This feature would be really useful for projects that require syncing. I am using comp makers for syncing texts in my lyric video templates. 

Untitled-1.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please vote for this request on the top left!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also achieve this in another way.

Modify the keyframe inside the composition.
Then, in the main composition, right-click the marker on the layer and select "Update Marker from Source."

With this technique, you can create and use only one composition with time markers as references in the whole project. Help a lot with synching multiple screens for exemple. I use this approach in most of my projects.

Also, look into Protected Regions. This allows you to change the duration (speed up or slow down) of a composition without changing the "Protected Regions." It's a powerful option too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already do that, but I want to control the markers of multiple compositions in the main comp. I want it to be updated backwards automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate