• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert the icons to the multi-colored versions!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe CC wide issue but AE is where I notice it the most.

Please revert the icons to the multi-colored versions! It makes no sense to make them the same color when the "themes" break down beyond video and photo use. I used the colors to quickly locate the software I needed to open, now I have a taskbar full of purple and have to squint to tell which letters I am clicking on.

It seems like a very poor design choice that was likely made by the boardroom, not the creative team, and I beg you to change the icons back - or at least give US the option to have the multiple colors instead of mono-purple, which I'll add looks horrendous on a dark theme display.
Idea No status
TOPICS
UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't specific to After Effects, but all of the new purple icons in CC. I have students that rely on visual recognition to identify the various applications in the dock (and since the machines are locked, this can't be modified). Now that Adobe has decided to make every application icon look identical in the latest CC2020 update, I'm going to have spend time I could be using to teach the application, to showing them how to differentiate between all of the CC applications. This is idiotic, so please change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the type the same color, the icons [Ae] [Me] [Au] look very similar on the black Windows 10 taskbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true... the colours now are the same for all the app... When I try to switch from an app to the other it's so confusing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! Why are Ae, Pr, Au and Me all the same colours - completely stupid interface design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF Adobe? Let me help your stupidity in design sense. Make all the program icons the same letters too.
Premiere Pro= Pr
After Effects= Pr
InDesign= Pr
Audition= Pr
Photoshop= Pr

There!!! Now it makes sense.... You dumb ********.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Like Instagram lets you choose which colour/theme icon. I chose the funkiest one and now getting mixed up with messenger and Instagram because the colours are the same so goes to show how important colours are for our information processing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got bigger problems if you're triggered by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I welcome the choice. Violet = Videoproduction suite. Ez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry. I marked this suggestion as inappropriate by mistake with my finger.. Here’s a suggestion: make it a two-clicks action to mark suggestions as inappropriate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple to evolve this Adobe and meet you half-way here.

For video KEEP the Purple Square, but alter the colours of the INTERNAL LETTERS to -- white / pure yellow / light Yellow / Bee Yellow / light purple

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I keep several versions of same app in one pc. But usually the icons of each versions are came with same design. It would be nice if the icons show the version number on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a while since they all shared the same color and it is still a bit inconvenient especially when I am looking at multiple project files of different kinds and I have to take extra time to go through to make sure I am clicking the file I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Installed 2022 and immediately clicked the wrong program.

Votes

Translate

Translate