• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 MacPro AE Slow

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019, 24 core Mac Pro with 384 gig of RAM, 2x AMD WX9100 pros and a 6x NVME RAID CARD WITH 12TB capable of 9680MBs read and 8400 write.

Now I am coming coming from a late 2013 cylinder 12 core MacPro with 64gb ram.

i expected to see a considerable increase in preformance. Unfortunately I have not... it's barley used any of the available resources. Any help or ideas?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Unfortunately AE doesn't really take advatntage of multiple CPU cores. The processor speed is the main driver of perofrmabce, along with having a decent GPU (if you are using GPU based effects). It also greatly helps to have an SSD for cache.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•  As I mentioned I have better than a ssd I have 6x nvme raid and a AMD WX9100 And my processor is24 core 2.7 with 4.4 turbo boost.
  • Still seems this should perform better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

macOS 10.15.5 and After Effects 17.1.1 have been released since your post. Have you noticed any increase in speed since these updates?

I JUST ordered a 2019 16-core Mac Pro, coming from a 2013 8-core Mac Pro, and because I am currently working with 6k EXR plates, I'm anticipating an increase in speed, too. At the very least, because I have BG Renderer MAX, I know I can at least take advantage of all the extra cores for at least the rendering aspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new update(s) over the last few days (June 17) seems to have made my renders twice as slow. When I look at the Mac OS S activity monitor, AFX is only using 9% of the system. I'm in the middle of a project and now my renders have gone from 6 hours to 11+. I'm using element 3D plugins. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro. Recent OS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines