Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24 Hours Counter Animation

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

My name is Ghulam Rasool and I do animations in Adobe After Effects. I feel I am in trouble because a client placed a direct order on my freelance profile. The project is  to animate 25 hours Countdown animation. I don't know that after affect support this long time or not. Please guide me if you have any better idea (I can goto another software for this animation if required)

Regards.

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Of course you can.

But you should get more details from the client. What is this for, how is it presented? Also, make clear that a 24h video will be very large and nobody will sit and watch a 24h timer (or just in an art installation).

If this is for a website for example, a HTML5 animation would be a much better approach.

If you are forced to actually made a 24h video with a countdown, try to split it up. All numbers will repeart, except the hours. So you can animate the counters independendly an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can.

But you should get more details from the client. What is this for, how is it presented? Also, make clear that a 24h video will be very large and nobody will sit and watch a 24h timer (or just in an art installation).

If this is for a website for example, a HTML5 animation would be a much better approach.

If you are forced to actually made a 24h video with a countdown, try to split it up. All numbers will repeart, except the hours. So you can animate the counters independendly and put them all together in Premiere. For ongoing counting, just loop the footage.

Even when effects and artwork are added, there is hardly a need to animate full 24h. Just create sequences long enough nobody will notice the loops quickly.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

First of all, Thank you. He needs this for the YouTube Channel premiere (this is what he told me). Thank You, I like your idea to animate everything independently and then put them together in Adobe Premier pro.

Regards

Ghulam Rasool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the 24-hour countdown timer is going to be running over a 24-hour video on YouTube you are out of luck. The maximum limit is 12 hours. You need to jump through hoops to upload a video longer than 15 minutes. Check out their help files.

YouTube has a built-in Premiere countdown setup. I think that is all that is available for a YouTube channel. If the client has their own web page where the YouTube video is going to be embedded you need an HTML 5 countdown that is timed to the You/Tube release. AE won't help with that. 

On projects like this communication with the client and even educating the client is critical. You'll have to find out exactly what their vision is and then, if you don't immediately know the answer, admit it, do some research, and if necessary testing, organize your replay, and report back to the client. The last step is to negotiate a reasonable price. Just saying OK to a project because the client suggests it is a good way to go broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick Gerard,

He kept insisting to do that animation. And it's done and over. I wrote a script in AE and split it into multiple parts and then arrange them in 2 parts of 12 hours. And the last thing he paid a pretty good price for this project. Thank You all for helping me out, it was my first experience on Adobe Community and it went pretty well. 

Regards,

Ghulam Rasool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines