Highlighted

25 fps but 105 frames is 3.5 seconds long...

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty much what it says in the title

Ive rendered out 105 frames at 25fps from lightwave (but that FPS doesnt really matter as they are TIFFS) brought these frames into after effects with FPS at 25 FPS but I stick the image sequence on the time line and its only 3.5 seconds long! 

It doesnt take Einstein to work out that 105 frames at 25fps should be a little over 4 seconds long.

Comp settings are at 25fps I have audio already set to the animation at 25fps so this is useless and totally out of sync wth the audio.

I realise I can mess around with the time but surely I shouldnt need to if both the audio and Video are set to 25 fps then they should play in sync?

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for all help

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

25 fps but 105 frames is 3.5 seconds long...

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty much what it says in the title

Ive rendered out 105 frames at 25fps from lightwave (but that FPS doesnt really matter as they are TIFFS) brought these frames into after effects with FPS at 25 FPS but I stick the image sequence on the time line and its only 3.5 seconds long! 

It doesnt take Einstein to work out that 105 frames at 25fps should be a little over 4 seconds long.

Comp settings are at 25fps I have audio already set to the animation at 25fps so this is useless and totally out of sync wth the audio.

I realise I can mess around with the time but surely I shouldnt need to if both the audio and Video are set to 25 fps then they should play in sync?

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for all help

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually checked your footage interpretation? Was your render frame rate actualyl correctly set to 25 FPS in LW? These things matter!

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, FPS is 25 in LW, the actual video render I did works fine with the sound in AE, this pretty much proves that the FPS is correct from Lightwave but its the 'image' frames that come in wrong. Wether I use TIFFS, JPEGS  it doesnt matter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason any imported image sequence is set to 30fps and I cannot seem to change it, even though the project is set to 25fps the image sequince will be 30fps no matter what. There must be some way to change this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorted it... Interpret footage was set to 30fps.

sorted now, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is something you do a lot, you can go into the "After Effects Preferences > Import" and set the default for "Sequence Footage" to be 25 fps instead of the default of 30.

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0