Highlighted

25 fps clip plays faster in Premiere and After Effects but not in non-Adobe apps

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still looking for a solution to this bizarre behavior I've been experiencing in After Effects and Premiere Pro.

There is a clip I exported from Premiere Pro which when viewed on Quicktime, Cinema 4D and Davinci Resolve plays at 25fps but quicker when imported into After Effects and Premiere even though the clip interpretation is 25 fps and the projects are also 25fps.

The clip has an edit at 74 frames in Quicktime, Cinema 4D, and Davinci Resolve but this edit appears at 61 frames in Premiere and After Effects.

This is causing lots of headaches as I am working with C4D where the animation I'm trying to match to the video is ok in C4D but wrong in After Effects.

Adobe has suggested updating the software to a higher version which hasn't worked...

Still looking for answers!

Daniel

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

25 fps clip plays faster in Premiere and After Effects but not in non-Adobe apps

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still looking for a solution to this bizarre behavior I've been experiencing in After Effects and Premiere Pro.

There is a clip I exported from Premiere Pro which when viewed on Quicktime, Cinema 4D and Davinci Resolve plays at 25fps but quicker when imported into After Effects and Premiere even though the clip interpretation is 25 fps and the projects are also 25fps.

The clip has an edit at 74 frames in Quicktime, Cinema 4D, and Davinci Resolve but this edit appears at 61 frames in Premiere and After Effects.

This is causing lots of headaches as I am working with C4D where the animation I'm trying to match to the video is ok in C4D but wrong in After Effects.

Adobe has suggested updating the software to a higher version which hasn't worked...

Still looking for answers!

Daniel

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format and codec are you exporting from and into? Is this a crazy variable frame rate clip?

Carefully check your export and timeline settings in Premiere. Make sure everything is consistent.

Check the exportet clip using MediaInfo or any similar software.

And finally check the import settings, too.

If everything looks good but the clip still fails, export it as single frames and make sure you import the image sequence with 25fps.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Martin,

Just realized the problem must reside in the Quicktime player as my export from Premiere matches the original frame rate and the edit in the timeline.

It is Quicktime that is slowing down the file for some reason and then also in C4D and Resolve?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime 10 is playing the clip slow while Quicktime 7 plays the clip correctly.

The problem is non-Adobe applications are using Quicktime 10 as the playback default and not Quicktime 7.

Quicktime 10 is required by macOS so it can't be deleted from the system...

On the line with Apple now to see what can be done... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy macaruna!

A fallback to image sequence should work, though.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
EditRush LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Martin,

I was avoiding using image sequence as a PNG sequence takes literally hours to export from Premiere but a TIFF sequence did the job. So until Apple solves the playback issue with Quicktime 10 this will be the way forward!

Daniel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0