• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2D Texture Wrap to 3D Template Model

Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm attempting to wrap the 2D texture from the first image on to the 3D model template from the sample picture below. Basically I want the pattern design of the 2D image wrapped on to the 3D template using Cinema 4D Lite in AE. The sample image is just a jpeg so I'm not sure how to accomplish this in Cinema 4D Lite or A/E, any help would be greatly appreciated.Cinq-Zero-Cinq-00512-03-Feb-2020-06.jpghat.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing to wrap, because you don't have the full texture. At best this could be done using projection mapping, meaning you align the two perspectives and "bake" the texture onto the 3D model, but even that requires major cleaning up of the texture to fill in missing parts and extend it around the sides. And to make matters worse, you can't use C4D Lite for any of this because it simply doesn't include the necessary UV editing and paint tools to even generate a baseline texture unwrap for further editing. You need to move on to greener pastures, including actually giving your hat model some detail and volume to actually make this work consistently.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines