Highlighted

3D Animate existing .psd or .png logo including extrusion but can't get the geometry.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing logo saved as .psd and .png that I want to extrude and create 3D animation with but when I go to transform the layer it does not show extrusion under the geometry. I know I have to create and a shape from a vector file but not totall clear on how to do that.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3D Animate existing .psd or .png logo including extrusion but can't get the geometry.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing logo saved as .psd and .png that I want to extrude and create 3D animation with but when I go to transform the layer it does not show extrusion under the geometry. I know I have to create and a shape from a vector file but not totall clear on how to do that.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSDs and PNGs are pixel data and outside importing a PSD as a comp AE has no way of extracting the vector paths. the rest could simply hinge on you not having switched to the Cinema 4D comp renderer, but your info is honestly too vague to make much sense of it. Providing the PSD does nothing for anyone when actual info about your AE configuration would be needed.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0