• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D camera tracker problems

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After running through the process, I see all my tracking points but no target appears when mousing over - only a semi-transparent shape that connects various points as I move around.  So, I ignore the missing target and select my 4 points.  When I add solid and camera, no solid appears on screen but it appears in the timeline as a solid layer.  If I try to add my footage I want to follow those points, it doesn't work either.  

What am I missing?  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all shots are going to work with the Camera Tracker. What are the accuracy values? Did you try Advanced Analysis? Camera Pans and Zooms are not going to give you depth information for most shots.

Where is the screenshot of your comp so we can see what you are working with? Please post one showing the modified properties of the layer that is giving you problems. Select the layer, press uu, then embed the screenshot using the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!  I thought I had tried the "mostly flat" setting but when I tried just now, it worked.  The problem is that the solid is poorly shaped for the screen, as you can see.   How do I fix this?  I have tried many of the combinations of points but always get this result.  It is supposed to be his logo animation on the monitor screen.

CropperCapture[45].png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have scaled up the track point size 227%. What happens if you scale up the Target size? Is this just a handheld shot or is it a zoom? There are a lot of trackers in the background and a couple on the actor and a few on the lights. Most of the trackers are about the same size but the trackers on the actor's mouth, ear, and neck are a lot smaller than the others so that tells me that the track isn't figuring out the camera move very well. The trackers closer to the camera should be larger. I think the scene is being interpreted as a tripod pan. 

If I could see the shot or at least get a description it would help diagnose the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's a Screen Replacement task, then mochaAE will be a more efficient tool.
Here are a few related tutorials from BorisFX - https://borisfx.com/videos/?tags=&search=screen%20replacement

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines