• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera Tracker "Create Text and Camera" changes video perspective instead of adding tracked text

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Hi Everyone

I just started using After Effects and have a problem with the 3D Camera Tracker. I want to add a text to my video, but when I choose right click --> "Create Text and Camera", my whole video changes the perspective as can be seen on the Screenshot below and moves around weirdly, as if the video would be tracked to the video itself. In all the tutorials I have watched, at that point the text would be added to the video.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

The footage you track cannot be a 3D layer. Make it 2D. If the track is good you should be able to establish and set an origin and ground plane, then attach a solid to the same spot to verify the track. If the track is good, you should be able to identify surfaces and attach 3D layers to those surfaces. I'm not sure that your shot is a good candidate for Camera Tracking, but it will never work if the footage is a 3D layer.

Spend some time with the User Guide. There are a couple of tutorials on

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here an additonal picture showing my complete workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below for the result of "Create Text and Camera"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage you track cannot be a 3D layer. Make it 2D. If the track is good you should be able to establish and set an origin and ground plane, then attach a solid to the same spot to verify the track. If the track is good, you should be able to identify surfaces and attach 3D layers to those surfaces. I'm not sure that your shot is a good candidate for Camera Tracking, but it will never work if the footage is a 3D layer.

Spend some time with the User Guide. There are a couple of tutorials on the basics of camera tracking.  One more thing. You successfully embedded an image in your original post but then started using the buggy and difficult to use Drag & drop here area to share screenshots. It's a pain for us to use so use the Toolbar or drag the images to the reply field in the future.

Also, if you click the More link at the bottom of your post, you can edit it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! That was exactly my problem. And yes, you are right, my clip does not seem to be optimal for the tracking... 🙂

Also thanks for the tips regarding the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines