• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d camera tracker sometime doesn't show the red disc after tracking

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, the 3d camera tracker sometime doesn't show the red disc after tracking,  for some projects, it works fine, and some just never show that red disc.

As you can see from the first screen shot, I had to select the "Render track point" in order to see those points but no red disc at all when hovering the mouse, and those points will be gone as soon as I deselect the "Render track point", 

And for the second screen shot from a different project, the 3d camera tracker worked fine, however, after tracking, it didn't show any points and the red disc, I had to select and then deselect the "Render track point" to see those tracked points and the red disc. 

It's really weird, I had tested it on both a iMac and a Macbook pro, they both behaved the same.

Please advise. Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.58.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.57.21 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see your point. Clearly your first clip is full of motion with no static elements to even produce a spatially consistent ground plane, text layer, solid or whatever. You seem to have a wrong understanding how this stuff works and what it can do. AE's 3D camera tracker does not support inverse motion tracking. It can only handle static scenes where only the camera itself moves. Therefore the behavior is correct within what you can expect. If you need more advanced options, you have to invest in commercial third-party tracking apps or use other compositing tools like Nuke.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first shot, the one with no target, is not at all suitable for camera tracking. Camera tracking requires a significant amount of geometry in the shot that is not moving. All of the tracker marks are on the moving vehicle. There is no camera solution for that shot. You might be able to move forward a few frames and get a target to show up but it may only give you a tripod pan solution. Camera tracking only works on shots suited to the tool. There are ways you can work around some problems, but if that shot is a pan following the vehicle down the street or a tracking shot following along with the subject, the camera tracker is probably the wrong tool. It would really help if you told us what you were trying to do with that shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explaintion. Today I tried to run the camera tracker with the same shot, and it worked just fine. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.36.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.40.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines