Highlighted

3d Camera tracking: camera not tracking to tracking point

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so this is my first time doing some camera tracking, but I've watched tutorials on it. I am able to do the 3d track option and i can see and select my track points, but when i either select one, or multiple track points and if i put set ground plain and origin or not and i select "create camera and solid" it will generate a cam and solid on the timeline but if i zoom out of my clip, the solid is super far away from the clip and isn't motion tracked to the tracking point(s) i selected. any ideas on how to fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3d Camera tracking: camera not tracking to tracking point

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so this is my first time doing some camera tracking, but I've watched tutorials on it. I am able to do the 3d track option and i can see and select my track points, but when i either select one, or multiple track points and if i put set ground plain and origin or not and i select "create camera and solid" it will generate a cam and solid on the timeline but if i zoom out of my clip, the solid is super far away from the clip and isn't motion tracked to the tracking point(s) i selected. any ideas on how to fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any idea about what your footage looks like nobody can tell you much. And to be honest, if you have to zoom in to even select some points then something is fishy to begin with. Show us at least a screenshot of the footage.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suppourt, I did some messing around last night with some buddies and i turns out i had the clip precompesed wrong. Much apologies for any confusion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say "When I zoom in to my clip...?"

If you Camera Track you cannot move the camera and you cannot scale the footage. If you are having problems with a tutorial we need to have a link to that tutorial. If you are having problems with the footage we need to at least see your comp with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed. It's even better if we see the footage. No workflow details will always equal no idea what is wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suppourt, I did some messing around last night with some buddies and i turns out i had the clip precompesed wrong. Much apologies for any confusion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0