Highlighted

3D layer comp rendering incorrectly

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating a new logo I designed that resembles an isometric cube.

I built the cube out of square shapes and turned the layers 3D. Pre-comped them (comp A).

Then placed the comp A into a new comp (comp B) and parented the precomp to a null. I've used the null to animate rotation.

I then placed comp B into a new comp (comp C), and masked the comp with a shape (alpha matte). 

Everything looks fine when I preview with spacebar.

But when I go to render it, the animation looks off - like the cube loses its isometric view (turns into a regular cube with perspective) and doesn't fully fill the mask, leaving awkward gaps. 

Updated AE to newest version 17.1.0 (had this issue before I updated too), purged Media/Cache, restarted AE, etc. Tried rendering with GifGun, Render Queue and Media Encoder. Same problem everywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3D layer comp rendering incorrectly

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating a new logo I designed that resembles an isometric cube.

I built the cube out of square shapes and turned the layers 3D. Pre-comped them (comp A).

Then placed the comp A into a new comp (comp B) and parented the precomp to a null. I've used the null to animate rotation.

I then placed comp B into a new comp (comp C), and masked the comp with a shape (alpha matte). 

Everything looks fine when I preview with spacebar.

But when I go to render it, the animation looks off - like the cube loses its isometric view (turns into a regular cube with perspective) and doesn't fully fill the mask, leaving awkward gaps. 

Updated AE to newest version 17.1.0 (had this issue before I updated too), purged Media/Cache, restarted AE, etc. Tried rendering with GifGun, Render Queue and Media Encoder. Same problem everywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots, render settings, system info. No point in talking about invisible elephants.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to check your artwork in highest quality and through the active camera before sending it to the render. I can tell you that this is always enlightening.

Without any screenshots it's hard to tell, but I put my finger on the camera. I guess you haven't any, or if you have, it's just the standard camera. But what you need is a ISOMETRIC camera! There are tutorial in the interweb about how to create one in AE.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 1