• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d object not following its mask. Please Help!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im following an after effects tuturial and you have to place a 3d object on a camera track point. From there youre supposed to mask the solid object so that it fits exactly onto the phone screen. When I masked the solid object, it doesnt conform exactly to it, it kind of blurs around the edges. Does anyone know why this is? The size of the solid is magnifyed and it is set to add.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! By me. Turn on continuous rasterization. Who figures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is hard to tell anything about your problem from that cropped screenshot but 3D Camera Tracking is the very last thing I would use to replace the screen on that phone. What tutorial are you following?  Most of the newer tutorials I see that give folks problems are presented by enthusiasts that have discovered some recipe that works for their specific problem. Always post a link to the tutorial so we can help you figure out where the workflow went wrong. 

I really am curious. Sticking a 3D layer to a phone in someone's hand using AE's built-in trackers is going to be problematic more times than it is going to be successful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines