Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A great idea for paths

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, community! 

Have you ever thought that we need one function that has been implemented in Illustrator for a long time?

The rounded corners of paths?

I often face the need to round the corners of paths for my animation, but I don't know the appropriate function in AE.
I did this: Copied paths to illustrator and used the round point, then copied the path back to after effects, while correcting the path position after paste.
But why such a long road to this, if it is easy to implement at the software development level.

Let's draw the developers attention to adding this important feature as round point.

UPD: Thanks! I published this idea on uservoice 

Creating a pathCreating a path   Copy Paste to Illustrator and next roundingCopy Paste to Illustrator and next rounding   Final exampleFinal exampleBefore/after renderBefore/after render

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Hi TRDesigner93,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Mylenium mentioned, you can use third-party plug-ins if you need the feature right now. I'd recommend creating a post about it on the After Effects UserVoice so that it gets more eyes. Here's the link: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are scripts for this that easily do it with masks and shape paths and if they match the comp size, there should be no alignment issues. Outside that I don't see how you would easily round motion paths and keep keyframing and velocities consistent. Dealing with geometry is one thing, but messing with timing a whole different story and way more tricky.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TRDesigner93,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Mylenium mentioned, you can use third-party plug-ins if you need the feature right now. I'd recommend creating a post about it on the After Effects UserVoice so that it gets more eyes. Here's the link: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines