Highlighted

A way to link an animated mask with another mask?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

I have one mask, (Mask A) that moves a little bit... and I have Mask B, and I want Mask B to move exactly like Mask A does.

Is there a way to connect them so they move around in sync?

Thanks!

Letty

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Andrew Yoole | Adobe Community Professional

Depending on what you're doing, duplicating the layer and using one mask on each may do the job.  

Duplicate the layer, parent one layer to the other, then use transform tools like Position and Rotation to move the first (parent) mask.  The second (child) layer will follow, as will it's mask.

If the masks are being used to rotoscope or seperate elements of the layer, you may then need to use them as Track Mattes on non-moving duplicates of the main layer.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

A way to link an animated mask with another mask?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

I have one mask, (Mask A) that moves a little bit... and I have Mask B, and I want Mask B to move exactly like Mask A does.

Is there a way to connect them so they move around in sync?

Thanks!

Letty

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Andrew Yoole | Adobe Community Professional

Depending on what you're doing, duplicating the layer and using one mask on each may do the job.  

Duplicate the layer, parent one layer to the other, then use transform tools like Position and Rotation to move the first (parent) mask.  The second (child) layer will follow, as will it's mask.

If the masks are being used to rotoscope or seperate elements of the layer, you may then need to use them as Track Mattes on non-moving duplicates of the main layer.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.

I will try your advice:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0