• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

about stacking eraser tool and fill effect

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just realized that i used the eraser tool to clean up a few of my strokes in an edit of mine, but the color wasn't to my liking, so i stacked it with fill and glow effect-- then suddenly it messed up. i realized the eraser stokes got filled too, and im wondering if i have to completely avoid eraser tool if im going to be effect stacking with painting/brush tools, or if im doing something wrong (。•́︿•̀。)

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

When you are using the Paint tool and you need to make edits, select the layer in the timeline and press the U key. That will show you all of the strokes you have added. Spin down the properties and there's a bunch of things you can edit and adjust. You can even set in and out points for every stroke or animate their progress. Often you can retime, move, change the width or the color of a paint stroke right in the timeline. It's very easy to do. I can't think of a single time I have ever needed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are using the Paint tool and you need to make edits, select the layer in the timeline and press the U key. That will show you all of the strokes you have added. Spin down the properties and there's a bunch of things you can edit and adjust. You can even set in and out points for every stroke or animate their progress. Often you can retime, move, change the width or the color of a paint stroke right in the timeline. It's very easy to do. I can't think of a single time I have ever needed to Erase anything. I've deleted a lot of strokes and animated their position, but I don't ever erase anything unless I need to poke a hole in more than one stroke because the Erase tool doesn't erase strokes, it paints on the Alpha Channel. You can create transparency with a paint layer by choosing the Silhouette Alpha blend mode. You can even use an expression to tie a mask path to a paint path. Spend some time exploring the timeline and you will find a lot of tools that make using Paint, and Clone a lot easier to use.

Screenshot_2020-08-01 00.22.38_e2Npzy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines