• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active Camera and 3D Camera issue

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before posting I tried searching this forum and others but I may just be missing the answer right in front of me. My issue is that I have a drone shot that I'm looking to pin some text in 3d space. Pretty straight forward I used the 3D camera tracker effect and created a camera. Created some text, enabled the 3d icon and positioned it. Everything looks fine but when I save and go back to premiere it's using the Active Camera view. I figure this might be a limitation with dynamic link so I set up the comp to render it and I'm still getting it rendered in the Active Camera view and not the 3D camera view. 

Help would be appreciated I'll post what I think is relavant. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Active Camera is the only view that will render. What do you mean by the 3D camera view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3D camera at the top of my composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I thought. I'm not sure why the views don't match because I didn't see the screenshots. When you upload them instead of downloading them they are not viewable on a lot of mobile devices and it's a pain to download them and then find them, then delete them.

I assume that layer 2 is a masked copy of the footage because it is above the text layer. I also don't see any reference solids (track solid) for verifying the origin and ground plane or accuracy of the camera track. I also see that Lumetri is applied before you ran Camera tracking. If you need color correction to improve the camera track it is best to pre-compose before you run the camera tracker because Camera Tracking ignores all effects applied to a layer and sends you a warning when you launch it. 

I would have had at least 2 reference solids and I would have also attached a 3D solid to the side of the building and then added a mask to that solid. There would be a lot fewer keyframes for the roto work. 

I'll have to run a test to see if the Active Camera and the Camera View give different results in CC2020. I don't recall any reported bugs. There should be no difference. You should always do your work in AE using the Active Camera view. Active camera should always be the top camera in the Timeline.

By the way? which view is the right one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines