• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add to Adobe Media Encoder shortcut "Ctrl+Alt+M NOT WORKING!!!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi l am running AE 2017.2 and AME 2017.1.2 on a PC and for some reason the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M to start up AME and add a composition to AME render queue has stop working.

The weird thing is that the command from "Composition" drop down menu in AE works but just not the shortcut. It does not make any difference if AME is already running, and l have uninstalled and reinstalled both AE and AME with no success in fixing the problem.

I have never altered the Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt  file so l am not sure what other options there are to look into fixing this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Go to NVIDIA GEFORCE APP, FIND THE LITTLE COG, DISABLE IN GAME OVERLAY. (BASICALLY, CTRL+ALT+M IS USED BY NVIDIA GAME OVERLAY MODE)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why anybody from experts not responding to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my thoughts exactly....Come on Adobe someone must have some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chadman,

I just tested this and the feature works as expected. Can you update your software and test it again?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply,  l have the latest version of AE which is Version 15.0.0 (Build 180) and the shortcut still does not function!

The only work around l have created is to go into Keyboard shortcut settings via the edit menu and create a new shortcut which is Ctl+Alt+Shift+M this creates a Custom.txt file.

This shortcut l have created is only practical as l have Wacom Pro tablet and l have always had the Add to AME Render Queue shortcut assigned to a Wacom On-screen Control button. So adding another letter to the shortcut in this way is not a problem but l wouldn't want to use the shortcut l have created if l only had a keyboard to action it.

So this issue still needs to be sorted out.

Regards,

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I believe it started when I updated to 2017 also. I was hoping that updating AE and ME to 2018 would fix the shortcut, but it didn't. The only thing I can add is I still have traces of After Effects 2015.3, 2015, 2014 and CC in my program files folder, so I imagine legacy registry, ini or whatever files still exist in other places. Perhaps the shortcut is still looking for AE 2015. I dunno.

The drop-down menu still works, so it's just an annoyance. I'll eventually fresh install my PC and I'm sure that'll fix it. Ha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 (PC) still have the same issue. Annoying for sure.
I also have remnants of CC 2017 on the pc, so maybe timothyk... is right, is it trying to launch AME 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What l can say is that after having to do a re install of windows 10 and all my adobe software only just one week ago and the shortcut NOW works!.....So it seems to be very possible that Adobe's own update process is the course of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this exact issue, after i reinstalled windows 10 my ctrl alt M stopped working on my AE, using the last update right now
What i did to circunvent the issue was adding SHIFT, so its like this now, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a fresh install of windows 10 pro, creative cloud app and through that installed an up to date version of both AE18 and MediaEncoder 18. The shortcut ctrl+alt+m is listed in the shortcut menu as adding the comp to media encoder render queue, but helas, nothing happens when pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps. Even a fresh install of AE and ME didnt work. The shortcut is still unresponsive. My exit workflow is taking quite a hit in efficiency because of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pps. Adding shift to the shortcut as a custom shortcut makes it work again, but isnt 100% ideal as the shortcut is now different between computers. Its just silly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another addition: Now AE can add up to 3 comps to the media encoder queue before both the shortcut AND the actual button in the menu to add items to the media encoder queue stop working completely. I then have to close and restart AE to add another 3 comps.
This is maddening! Please have a look at this for an upcomming bug fix release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to CC 2019... I've had this issue since CC 2017... This is ridiculous.

Manual drop down menu... works fine. Shortcut. Still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Go to NVIDIA GEFORCE APP, FIND THE LITTLE COG, DISABLE IN GAME OVERLAY. (BASICALLY, CTRL+ALT+M IS USED BY NVIDIA GAME OVERLAY MODE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks for the help DDaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it for me, too, nearly two years later. I changed the microphone toggle hotkey to CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-M, rather than turning overlay off. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that works for me too! thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you and give you a year off Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness, the joy!!
Microphone shortcut in Nvidia control panel. Just deleted that and were all working again...
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH! Thanx dude, that it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAKNS ALOT THAT HELPED!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's work !!! Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines