Exit

Adding Audio in Video in AE 2020

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am newbie in the field of editing.
I am actually trying to add background music to a video in after effects, I have tried various methods but i am not able to successfully complete the same....either the quality gets affected or the size of the video gets inflated.
It will be great if someone can help me with the correct process to add audio to my video in following scenarios:
1) While importing a image sequence and making a video by rendering and adding audio simultaneoulsy
2) Adding audio to a ready video clip

Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bad news for you: No magic buttons. You need to work up an understanding of how AE's rendering actually works, what the various output modules andrender settings do and so on. There simply is no way to do a pass-through rendering and "just add audio". and as you already found out, AE is not great at audio processing to begin with, which is of course natural on some level, as any audio more or less is merely meant as a reference track or a trigger for audio-driven effects. that said, we can't advise specifically without knowing any details about your project, your render settings and so on. You might want to start by actually reading the relevant sections of the online help instead of just dumping your work on the render queue and using default settings. finding a good tutorial also might not hurt. And the usual basics also apply: Convert compressed audio to WAV/ AIFF, match sample rates and settings everywhere, pick a sufficient data rate for outputs. the rest is simply a matter of learning and accumulating experience.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines