Highlighted

Adobe After Effects 2020 Light

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help. I'am trying to make a realistic space sequence. I the middle of our solar system is the sun. around the sun there are planets. In want to make a 360 degree light source from teh sun. to make shadows on the planets in the right directions. 

for the planets i'm using VC Orb plugin. i cant find light settings in there. 

can someone help me finding my problem. 

Please let me know. if you have  an idea to solver this problem. 

kind regards,

Robin

Topics

Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe After Effects 2020 Light

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help. I'am trying to make a realistic space sequence. I the middle of our solar system is the sun. around the sun there are planets. In want to make a 360 degree light source from teh sun. to make shadows on the planets in the right directions. 

for the planets i'm using VC Orb plugin. i cant find light settings in there. 

can someone help me finding my problem. 

Please let me know. if you have  an idea to solver this problem. 

kind regards,

Robin

Topics

Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orb will use the settings of the comp lights, but it won't cast any real shadows nor  does it actually have emissive surfaces. Refer to Andrew's tutorials.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating shadows with ORB is very complicated but it can be done if you jump through some hoops. As Myleniuum said, go through everything Andrew teaches about ORB over at Video Copilot. I've been using AE for a very long time and it took me about 2 hours to figure out how to efficiently use ORB for more than a single sphere. Go through everything you can find here: https://www.videocopilot.net/orb/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines