• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe after effects 3d

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day guys, please i need an urgent support!

I have a 3D environment created in adobe illustrator and I am finding problems animating the various layers in after effects. Any time I rotate any layer in z-space, the layer becomes flat!

I have a 3d illustrated rcb backhoe loader in the illustation and i need to maintain the 3d shape but it always gets flattened when i rotate in z-space. 

I've attached a screenshot of the environment! Please help help help!!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

You have a misunderstanding on both ends, it seems. AI 3D is not genuine 3D, meaning it doesn't produce geometry with volume. Conversely, all native 3D in AE is just that - flat layers. If you want a genuine 3D animation, you have to model your stuff in a 3D program or at the very least create multiple views of the scene that contain the different transformations like spritesheets in games and can be swapped out as needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

If I understand your workflow corretly, you have used the 3D option of AI to create the 3D effect?

All what AE "sees" is the final rendered image, no 3D data. Those are under the hood of AI and not exposed to AE.

Only Cinema4D files and *.obj, I think, are interpreted as 3D content on AE side. However, this only works because there is a plugin for that.

AE is not a 3D software in first place and if it was your intension to make a 3D animation, you have to recreate those models in Cinema, actually

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a misunderstanding on both ends, it seems. AI 3D is not genuine 3D, meaning it doesn't produce geometry with volume. Conversely, all native 3D in AE is just that - flat layers. If you want a genuine 3D animation, you have to model your stuff in a 3D program or at the very least create multiple views of the scene that contain the different transformations like spritesheets in games and can be swapped out as needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Mylenium, I think that has been my misunderstanding.

Please which 3D program do you recommend since I'm working with after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your workflow corretly, you have used the 3D option of AI to create the 3D effect?

All what AE "sees" is the final rendered image, no 3D data. Those are under the hood of AI and not exposed to AE.

Only Cinema4D files and *.obj, I think, are interpreted as 3D content on AE side. However, this only works because there is a plugin for that.

AE is not a 3D software in first place and if it was your intension to make a 3D animation, you have to recreate those models in Cinema, actually, in order to use them in 3D space in AE.

If you just want another perspective instead, create it with AI and export it into a new file, and find a clever way to switch between the current one and the new one in AE.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thank you Martin, please which plugin do you suggest please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a plugin installed with AE which will let you import Cinema4D files.

Also, Cinema4D Lite is installed, if you are working with one of the latest AE versions.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines