Highlighted

Adobe After Effects CC 2018 "unable to start correctly" error.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm looking forward to learning Adobe After FX, but unfortunately I learned that I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.". I've been trying for over an hour to find fixes, but to no avail. Then, I noticed that if I restart my computer, sign in, and immediately, after a second, click on After FX from the start menu, it starts up without an issue. This is fine for me temporarily, but in the long run, I expect it will be quite inconvenient. What can I do to absolve the error so I can access After FX anytime I want, even after fully logging in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe After Effects CC 2018 "unable to start correctly" error.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm looking forward to learning Adobe After FX, but unfortunately I learned that I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.". I've been trying for over an hour to find fixes, but to no avail. Then, I noticed that if I restart my computer, sign in, and immediately, after a second, click on After FX from the start menu, it starts up without an issue. This is fine for me temporarily, but in the long run, I expect it will be quite inconvenient. What can I do to absolve the error so I can access After FX anytime I want, even after fully logging in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The initial action would be to reset the preferences to default. To do it, you hit the key below.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)

Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

Further information:

Setting preferences in After Effects

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2018 2
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ToolfarmJP, 

Thank you for the advice. Ctrl+Alt+Shift worked for me after I updated and restarted my Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AbhPar,

Do you still need help? Let us know.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018 0