Adobe After Effects keeps crashing after importing psd

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I stream and I got this stream package from this company and I am trying to import the psd that they made so I can animate the scene but whenever I put the psd in and try to import it the app crashes. I can put in a png and after effects works fine so it is not like the whole thing is broken, so I am not entirely sure what to do.

TOPICS
Crash, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe After Effects keeps crashing after importing psd

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I stream and I got this stream package from this company and I am trying to import the psd that they made so I can animate the scene but whenever I put the psd in and try to import it the app crashes. I can put in a png and after effects works fine so it is not like the whole thing is broken, so I am not entirely sure what to do.

TOPICS
Crash, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that After Effects is crashing when you try to import a PSD file.

Could you share more info so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly?

1. What is the exact version of After Effects are you using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...
  2. Are you on macOS or Windows?
  3. Does it happen with all the PSD files or a particular one?

In the meantime, check out the following Community post and see if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-2020-freezes-while-importing-psd-as-compo...

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0