• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects loads with blank screen and freezes

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got a new computer and wanted to download After Effects onto it. When I try to run the program it opens up and includes a pop up window (Im assuming for other offers, but instead it is blank). At this point it freezes and I cant even close the program without the task manager.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Im not sure if its related but I also can't get Movavi Video Editor to stay up for more than 5 seconds nor can I get the photo viewer to open any pictures...

Any suggestions would be awesome! I have been messing with it all day.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't tell you much. The most likely cause are the usual hardware acceleration issues, so start by updating your graphics drivers. Also, if you use weird alternate video tools, it's of course entirely possible it has messed up your systems CoDecs, audio settings and so on. You may need to straighten that out, too, right to uninstalling those programs and/ or manually removing incompatible CoDecs they may have introduced. An excursion to your device manager and media settings your may be very enlightening.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I should have included that information my apologies.

I'm now running with

AMD Ryzon 5 3600 60core Processor 3.6GHz, 64-bit

16.0GB of Ram

Radeon RX 5500 XT graphics card

Windows 10

I have unistalled and reinstalled multiple times even leaving out the other program and just doing AE. All drivers are also up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Poppets_,

Are you still having the issue? If so, would you mind trying the latest release of  After Effects (17.1.2)?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines