Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After effects Out of Memory after 10 -20 mins working

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i am really started getting angry about this i maybe dont have a 5000 Dollar workstation

but 32 gb Ram and 6 Cores should be engouth to work with that Software in HD right ?

here my system specs

Intel i7 4930K

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

C: 750 SSD EVO

so every time i working in AE or PR but specially AE after 10 -20 mins previewing the program crashes because its out of Memory.

Is there anyway to fix that ?  Sometimes i purge everything and it shows like 2 - 40gb of purging .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the helpful diagnostic information  -- almost none.

How big is your cache?  Are you telling us you only have a lousy 750 GB storage?  Cripes, I almost have that much on my flippin' phone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ofc not i have  the caching on a 4 TB hard drive

and how can i make that diagnostic information thing again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here of a screenshot what is happening . After i recorded four mp4 videos just re rendering mp4 ! ss+(2017-09-17+at+02.05.45).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please see a screenshot of your memory settings in the preferences?

Wait...what is that Wise Memory Optimizer thing? That...might cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

that Wise Memory Programm helps sometimes to have not a AE crash

so here my settings

ss+(2017-09-19+at+05.55.55).png

ss+(2017-09-19+at+05.55.24).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jay,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200 GB is too much if its from the OS drive.

Try to transfer the Disk Cache to other drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having an issue. I find it happens when I playback the composition.

I have 24GB RAM, which should be more than adequate. I am creating animation in 1080p at 24fps.

ae1.PNG

After playing about 20 seconds of footage.

ae2.PNG

After clicking export (and subsequent crash)

ae3.PNG

Error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo, is Adobe working on a fix for this yet?  Still dead in the water after a month of waiting.

Adobe After Effects CC 2018, Photoshop CC 2018, and Illustrator 2018 ALL have this same "Out of Memory" issue.  We even tried loading it up on a system with 64gb of RAM.  Wanna know what happened?  Yup.  Out of memory.

Cripes, man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I think I have fixed my memory issue. I was changing preview quality in the preferences section, but this did nothing.

Instead, under the preview pane there is a small drop down box. I changed this to quarter and now I can preview without memory issues.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve the same problem , 32 gig ram , SSD cashed 240gb

quadro 4000 card .  Ever since I installed 2018,   systen Has been running fine for 4 years ....   all this stupid talk about file sizes and preview res , are adobie Saying  that 80 90 percent of people won’t be able to use this software as 8 or 16 gig is  of ram is pretty standard .  for professionals. 32 64  for sure but it makes no difference ...  tested it on a 128 gig still had the same prblems . It’s shit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same problem with 2019 AE, full memory and suspended / 16гб kingstone, Asrock pro 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe - Same or similar issue with me. Just upgraded GPU to gtx1070 thinking that was it. I had spent several hours with support thinking they had solved the problem with clicking mercury transmit, but no.. started again. (then I bought the 1070) It sometimes crashes AE, other times crashes system. My error msges alter from "out of memory; requested.. etc" to "unexpected store" and others. I will click it shut and more windows pop up with new error msgs. No known action seems to create the problem. Doing relatively simple animation with photoshop files and Character Animator files. Sometimes can have many effects without error, and other times hardly any effects with error. It just happens when it wants to. Been going on for a month now. need to get work done.. please help.

i3-4130 cpu @ 3.40 GHz

GTX1070 8gb

200 gb cache SSD

32gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys) Your problem is solved easy. In your system (wines 10) there is something that creates phantom employment in RAM. Standard values in AE work poorly!

Simply put change here:

Edit -> Preferences -> Memory

"Ram reserved for other applications" change for more. If you have 3Gb - change to 5 or more. After the changes you should have something like this

"Ram available for AE (Pr,PL and less) 5Gb.

Try to gradually increase. until the problem comes back again. And stop at the value you need, when there is no problem

From Russia with love. Goodluck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aggressiveRussia,

Can't thank you enough for your advice, it worked perfectly.

16 Gb RAM, GeForce 940MX.
Set it up to 8/8 Gb for other applications/Ae.

Oddly enough, if your software asks for more - give it less and it performs better!)) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love youuuuuuuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same crashes with the "requesting memory error" over and over. Suddenly, I got an additional error along these lines, "myprojectname requires too much memory to rasterize layers". It finally dawned on me that I had A LOT of layers with the 'continuously rasterize' box toggled on and that is what was sucking up all my RAM. I toggled it off, restarted AE, and my RAM usage went back to a clunky +90% again after a few minutes, BUT it went back down to a smooth and steady 60 - 70% after that. Perhaps AE first uses up all the allocated memory THEN starts offloading to my external hard drive cache? Perhaps it was bottlenecking on all those rasterized frames before? Who knows. It works much better for me now. Hope this helps someone else.

TL;DR If you have a lot of layers with this box (see screenshot below) toggled on, turn it off while you work and just re-toggle it before exporting if you need to.

376af16ac0103adfcfa59726e4802cc9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines