• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects, Premiere CC 2018 "Media Encoder" crash OS X 10.13.6 (17G13035) GTX 980 Ti

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm runing right now on OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, but this issue had been on Sierra too and all releases of High Sierra. So the system is not the issue. But what i think the issue are how adobe products take care of Nvidia GPU cards and the same issue was on GTX 680, GTX 1070 Ti, GTX 980 Ti. 

Changed everything in my mac Power supply, memory SSD disks, reinstall everything, etc... 
Crash are in random times, sometimes it crash even i have leaved after effects just open, GPU heats up so mutch, so after system just start to freeze - only by leaving opened After Effects. Sometimes it crash when rendering bach with Premiere using Adobe Media encoder. 

Adobe somehow block Nvidia GPU cooling by the same time i tested other applications and bench tests and GPU runs as it shoud be, it spin up fan and can run renders on Davinci Resolve for days, Bench tests can be run for days also and no crashing on all these GPU cards. And the same is with AE 2020, Premiere Pro 2020 - the same issue it somehow not take manage of Nvidia cards. I have all drivers, all cuda and web drivers installed, reinstalled - etc... Nothing helps, and as i read on forums this issue are present for ages and all what Adobe is saying that this is Nvidia issue. But why other company applications run faster, render faster and GPU work at full load without any issue? What is the catch? And why this issue is not fixed until this day? We are paying for adobe products, but no one from Adobe listen or fixing GPU managment issue from Adobe products side? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?