• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After effects Render Engine

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Not a wiz guy) I use a macbook pro, macOS Catalina (10.15), After Effects 2018 (15.0)

PROBLEM: So since the macOS update, my "Adobe After effects Render Engine Application" has had a cross through it so I can't use it. This is a problem for me because I prefer working with this older version of Ae since it's simple and it's got about 180 hours worth of miserable life put into the project files (That's like, how many hours I've spent working all together on each project). So I did some digging and found out that the Render Engine is a what you call a "32 bit app", and macOS Catalina doesn't support  these "32 bit apps". So I did some more diggin, but I couldn't find anything about it being bumped upto a 64 bit app...

QUESTION: I just wanted to ask ya'll if you know whether or not it'll be bumped up or not. 

I'm just asking before I decide to go out and waste my time and money buying pointless things that I think might fix this

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No current version of AE and many many other apps are not compatible with Catalina. Apple warned everyone. There were also warnings from Adobe. Jump in early and uninformed and you take your chances. You will probably have to wait for the next version. If there is any component of any app or sub routine that is not 64-bit Catalina will not run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a qick and dirty work around. Render in AE as a .tiff sequence. Import into Premiere, play some more and export as .mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines