Highlighted

Adobe After Effects won't open at all

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So adobe after effects was working fine up till today, yesterday ran just fine but now today it won't even open. No error message, no splash screen, nothing, It would pretend to load for a few seconds then nothing. As if i'd never even clicked it. Tried launching from the file location, from creative cloud nothing helped. AE is the only adobe thing i have besides the media encoder and that opens just fine, So I run it as administrator wondering if that would help and I finally get an error/crash log

I open it and this is what I have

"Process: AfterFX.exe [15644]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 17.1.1.34
File Version: 17.1.1.34
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: Adobe Desktop Service.exe [16652]

Date/Time: 2020-07-18 21:07:29 Cen. Australia Standard Time
OS Version: 10.0.18362.959
Report ID: 61cb7781-9a27-40da-b236-135fcba5dc99

Time Awake Since Boot: 439 seconds

Crashed thread: 0 [17560] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000400f30
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s."

Anyone with a lick of coding knowledge know what the heck is going on here? and how to fix it? Theres about 11000 lines of repeating technojargon beneath it too if you want me to post that. I would much prefer this to be solved quickly im on a bit of a time crunch here

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe After Effects won't open at all

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So adobe after effects was working fine up till today, yesterday ran just fine but now today it won't even open. No error message, no splash screen, nothing, It would pretend to load for a few seconds then nothing. As if i'd never even clicked it. Tried launching from the file location, from creative cloud nothing helped. AE is the only adobe thing i have besides the media encoder and that opens just fine, So I run it as administrator wondering if that would help and I finally get an error/crash log

I open it and this is what I have

"Process: AfterFX.exe [15644]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 17.1.1.34
File Version: 17.1.1.34
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: Adobe Desktop Service.exe [16652]

Date/Time: 2020-07-18 21:07:29 Cen. Australia Standard Time
OS Version: 10.0.18362.959
Report ID: 61cb7781-9a27-40da-b236-135fcba5dc99

Time Awake Since Boot: 439 seconds

Crashed thread: 0 [17560] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000400f30
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s."

Anyone with a lick of coding knowledge know what the heck is going on here? and how to fix it? Theres about 11000 lines of repeating technojargon beneath it too if you want me to post that. I would much prefer this to be solved quickly im on a bit of a time crunch here

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a genuine memory leak and the address offset suggests that this is a networking issue. So check your network configuration, firewall and security tools, if any. Start by checking your event manager's security section for some clues.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'm looking for, Sorry,
But from what I get this is a bigger problem than Adobe and probably wont get much more information on a support board for specifically that, But thank you, I'll ask around

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0