Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 14 Windows - Preview Loop Button Not Working

Engaged ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm doing a simple 16-second motion graphics piece and I'm pressing the space bar to preview. When it gets to the end of my work area, it moves the playback head back to the beginning and continues playing. I have the loop button set to play once in the preview pane. This button doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

Is there something I'm missing?

The green cache line for RAM preview is covering the entire work area so it's not that.

Thanks!
Scot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends o your settings for the Preview panel. You have a lot of options to set the behavior of playback using spacebar, 0 Numpad and a combination of these commands with modifiers (Shift, Option, etc). Could you upload a screen capture of your Preview Panel settings so we can help you to drive your problem? Maybe you have selected a shortcut that is not the one for the spacebar playback and this is the reason for the application for not to stop your playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. The Loop feature appears to be turned off, yet my comp loops anyway on playback.

When I toggle the Loop button in the Preview window, it doesn't turn blue like the other buttons, it just changes to a partial icon and has no affect on the playback. See images below.

Any suggestions on how to stop the looping playback?

Off.jpeg     On.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Any fix yet? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@juanobando I had the same problem...unrespocsive loop options. Restart did not work.  What did was playing around with the shortcut drop down list by switching between the options.  After that I could choose any shortcut option.  This is definately a bug [at least on a PC] as I never had a problem with this before Version 17.1.  I've been working with AE since 2005.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines