Highlighted

AE 17.0.6 crashes when importing psd files

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i try to import a PSD file into CC AE 17.0.6 it generates a craash report. at first i thought it was file size issue, so i re made the file with only the necessary layers and it still crashes.

system 

windows 10 v1903

8.00 GB RAM

i3 2120 3.30GHz

gtx 660

pleae help as the project is due tonight!!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE 17.0.6 crashes when importing psd files

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i try to import a PSD file into CC AE 17.0.6 it generates a craash report. at first i thought it was file size issue, so i re made the file with only the necessary layers and it still crashes.

system 

windows 10 v1903

8.00 GB RAM

i3 2120 3.30GHz

gtx 660

pleae help as the project is due tonight!!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I see that After Effect is crashing when you try to import a PSD file.

Is it happening with a particular PSD file or all of them? Would you mind sharing the crash report and the PSD file to investigate further?

If you have text in the Photoshop layer, try rasterizing it and then import the file in After Effects.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0