Highlighted

AE 17.5 shortcut disabled in 3d view.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I'm on Selection Tool. Holding "option+command" usually let me edit mask without changing tool (add vertex, delete vertex, convert vertex) depending on where cursor over the mask line/points.

on 2d comp view it still work as used to. In 3d view (there is 3d camera in composition), now "option" is used as "camera tool" and disabled my shortcut "option+command". if anyone know how to change it back please let me know.

thanks,

t

AE 17.5.0

OSX 10.15.7

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Roland Kahlenberg | Adobe Community Professional

The introduction of the new Camera Tools/Features and its importance to workflow means a change in a few shortcuts. You must now select the Pen Tool and then cycle through its subset of tools to reach the Convert Vertex Tool. Use "G" to cycle forward and "SHIFT + G" to cycle backwards.

Another option is disable this new behavior for the ALT key when the Selection Tool is active. Go to AE's Prefs and select the new 3D Section and disable the second checkbox - see image below

Prefs_Disable_ALT_CamOption.PNG

HTH

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE 17.5 shortcut disabled in 3d view.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I'm on Selection Tool. Holding "option+command" usually let me edit mask without changing tool (add vertex, delete vertex, convert vertex) depending on where cursor over the mask line/points.

on 2d comp view it still work as used to. In 3d view (there is 3d camera in composition), now "option" is used as "camera tool" and disabled my shortcut "option+command". if anyone know how to change it back please let me know.

thanks,

t

AE 17.5.0

OSX 10.15.7

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Roland Kahlenberg | Adobe Community Professional

The introduction of the new Camera Tools/Features and its importance to workflow means a change in a few shortcuts. You must now select the Pen Tool and then cycle through its subset of tools to reach the Convert Vertex Tool. Use "G" to cycle forward and "SHIFT + G" to cycle backwards.

Another option is disable this new behavior for the ALT key when the Selection Tool is active. Go to AE's Prefs and select the new 3D Section and disable the second checkbox - see image below

HTH

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that fixed the problem for me! it was extreamly helpful. thank you so much!

i just used to use "option+command" and hard to change the old habit...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1