• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 CC can't render, "error 39 :: 99," Media Encoder won't work either. Thoughts?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really stuck here. MacOS Sierra, AE CC 2018, Media Encoder 2018. Several different files, converted from older 2017 files, as well as a test newly created in AE CC 2018. This machine (2016 MacBook Pro) was fine with doing these tasks yesterday, by the way.

Updated yesterday from AE CC 2017 to AE CC 2018 and problems began as it now takes about 5 minutes to get over the "Initialize MediaCore" start-up, all while the fans start going full tilt and spiking out in the MacOS Activity Monitor.

Also updated Media Encoder to the new CC 2018 version - it also now takes 5 minutes to start.

Something is wrong, yes.

Ok, let's put a pin in that for a sec.

After coming back to my computer 10 minutes later, I am eventually able to get into AE and work on animations. Inconvenient, but whatever - I'm working again. However, when I'm done and I try to render, using AE's "Add To Render Queue," I get the usual set-up window, but file destination is not the comp's name - it is instead replaced with the italicized phrase "Unknown output destination". Clicking on it opens an error dialog that reads "After Effects warning: Cannot output to this format because it is not currently installed (error 39 :: 99)"

This error also comes up if I attempt to change the output format in the format dialog.

Online, I find that someone thinks maybe this is because the new AE no longer includes the codecs for the various output options I have had in earlier versions. True? Not sure, but if so - how could I make them an option again?

Ok, well, so I try the "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue..." and I immediately get a spinning beach ball. After 1-2 minutes, it simply goes away. And even if Media Encoder is open, there's no file to render added to the queue.

It's a disaster. Reinstalled Media Encoder. Cleared out my Quicktime codec folder, reinstalled the pro codecs from Apple. Cleared the prefs. Uninstalled AE CC 2018, reinstalled it. After getting the same results, I went to "Other Versions" in the Adobe CC AE 'Apps' section and installed AE CC 2017 again, which now also hangs on start-up of MediaCore. Currently going way back to installing the 2015 version also.

Going back to the pinned aforementioned issue that I'm experiencing those all-new extremely long start-up times for AE and Media Encoder.

So it may be a few things, but if I can start with attacking this MediaCore mystery, that would be great. It seems to be at the heart of what's wrong.

Maybe something to hunt down in my applications/preferences/library?

Yes, I have watched a lot of videos and fruitlessly visited a lot of old posts that claim to address this, but very little addressing the error I'm getting.

Any thoughts on what might help get my ability to render back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

I had the same problem and it kinda hard to find a answer but i've just got it! Hope that this works for you too.

Here we go:

I finally found the solution by reading this thread all way down: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1489950

If you are having the same Quicktime compatibility issue with Adobe After Effects CC that won't let you export to Quicktime formats, do the following:

1) In After Effects CC, open the Preferences > General pane.

2) Click the "Reveal Preferences in Finder"-button below. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and it kinda hard to find a answer but i've just got it! Hope that this works for you too.

Here we go:

I finally found the solution by reading this thread all way down: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1489950

If you are having the same Quicktime compatibility issue with Adobe After Effects CC that won't let you export to Quicktime formats, do the following:

1) In After Effects CC, open the Preferences > General pane.

2) Click the "Reveal Preferences in Finder"-button below. The Adobe preferences folder will open in the Finder

3) Close After Effects CC (and any other Adobe program you have running)

4) Remove or delete the entire "Adobe" folder.

5) Restart After Effects CC and your troubles should be over!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don´t understand, what delete folder? because i don´t see, but, i have a .text documents and other folders for scripts and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but It doesn't work. 

I still get this message: after effects warning: cannot output to this format because it is not currently installed. ( 39 :: 99)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve the problem? I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not work too, have any solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does absolutely nothing except wipe out all of your program history. Do not do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see the "Adobe" folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines