• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 - Unable to open file warning whenever I alt-tab out of AE

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to the latest release of After Effects (last week) I get these warnings for all footage in my project file whenever I alt-tab between AE and other apps.

Its getting quite annoying... The project works fine whenever Im inside AE, but I have to click through these warnings every time I leave the AE-window.

The warning says;

After Effects warning: Unable to open file.

"footage path". If the file is opened in another application, closing it may solve the problem.

None of my footage-files are opened in other apps.

Please help

- Phillip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Hi Phillip, it seems that they solved the issue with the last update.

It works good for you too?

Have a nice day.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This goes for all my project files.
All which worked perfectly well before the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here, let's try to figure it out

Image sequence warning

Do you have any plugin installed (you probably have, of course) that can cause some issue?

I have a bunch of them and I was thinking that this may be some strange connection with something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Both glad and sad im not alone with this issue

I read your thread and my case is pretty much the same.

AE keeps giving errors for my .EXR sequences whenever I return to the AE-window.

Project files and footage files (.EXRs) are located on a RAID inside my computer (4 x HGST desktar 6TBs in RAID1).

Apps are installed on a 512GB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro). Windows 10. AE cahce goes to an m.2 SSD (Samsung 961 Pro).

And yes, I have a bunch of plugins.

Trapcode, Sapphire, Universe, VC E3D, Optical Flares, Frishcluft, Reelsmart, Flickerfree.

However I get these errors in project files that isnt using any plugins. I havent updated any plugins after the AE-update.

Phillip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens to me as well with brand new projects with no plugins used, I was just thinking it can be something that works bad on another level. It's a long shot, of course, but I'm trying to think of every scenario.

From that list we have in common Trapcode and E3D, maybe I will try to disable them and see what's happening.

First time I experienced this issue I was actually on a project that uses both plugins.

See you later Philip.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip, it seems that they solved the issue with the last update.

It works good for you too?

Have a nice day.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I didnt know there was a new update available (I do not pay enough attention to the Creative Cloud app).

And I was just getting used to the bug and learning to live with it
The new update relieved me of all my frustration!

Thanks for the heads up!

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get the same issue. Been getting issues for years with Adobe. The too big to fail mentality. So my solution to many of these problems is simple... Davinci Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines