• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2019 & Mojave - Continuously Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been escalating nearly by the day... when I first installed 2019, I didn't have an issue. What is happening now, is I keep getting the beach ball randomly. Sometimes it's when trying to save; sometimes when trying to render a new frame; it's happened while importing; it's happened even while loading a project. I just tried installing AE 2018 and CC told me to close ... AE 2018 -.-

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.2 - Mojave

Mav Pro (Late 2013)

Proc. - 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1886 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D500 3072MB

I literally just purged and re-installed the OS and re-installed the Creative Suite form a fresh formatted disk. This is extremely unacceptable behavior by any means. I've been having Media Encoder crap out randomly as well. Encoding will just stop altogether, leaving progress bar, elapsed time and render time freezing. This happens multiple times throughout the day. I've been able to re-open and begin encoding a gain to some success, but I have to do a hard restart on my machine to get any app's to re-open period.

Anyone else having any such trouble? I'm ready to throw my computer out a window, or just jump ship and move to Resolve 15. Support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!  I don’t know what to do!  It’s making my work take sooooo much longer, I’m about in tears!  I may need to do buy a new external hard drive, backup everything and downgrade to High Sierra!  I’ve tried everything I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Having same exact same problems. I'm on a iMac 27" 2017. I'm on Mojave 10.14.4 and AE 16.1.1, but I've had the problem with multiple Mojave updates and a couple 16.1 upates/builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this, and one thing I'm noticing when this happens is the GPU activity in activity monitor is completely maxed out when it freaks out like this. Once I force quit (which is painfully difficult, since it's not just freezing After Effects, it's locking up my entire system), but IF I CAN force quit, the GPU is released and my system becomes unlocked.

Are other people noticing the same thing, same symptoms? Like not just beachball, but a frozen beachball, total lockup for 5-10 seconds at a time, with like .2 seconds of usability in between?

Most of my projects currently are using Element 3D, so that's one possible factor, are other people using E3D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me here. I think it has to do with the disk caches simply filling the hard drives without measure , tho I can’t be sure. The system is to frozen and laggy to check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm curious to know what your current system setup is.  I'm using a 2013 mac trashcan with an AMD FirePro graphics card and I've encountered a new issue in Ae using raytraced shadows in element 3d.  After building out a design with many objects casting diffused shadows from one (point) light source, the raytraced shadows no longer render the entire frame.  At full res, they only render about 1/5 of the frame on the Y axis starting from the center of the frame.

The interesting thing is that the scene was working for a while.  Any adjustment to the light or particle count would re render successfully.  Unfortunately, it seems as though I've maxed out the GPU and it will not continue to process these effects.  I've dropped the particle count down very low (less than 100) and still nothing.  In fact, the (Ray Trace) render area becomes smaller and smaller with any additional change.

I've dumped all memory cache, restarted, even recreated the scene from scratch after all of this and the RT shadows still only render in that small area.

Does anyone have any experience successfully troubleshooting this?

I'm at the point where I need to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!

We have just upgraded my hardware for work and invested in a new iMac 27" Retina 5K 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory, Raddeon Pro 580X 8GB graphics card. We upgraded to help us develop the video and animated content side of our studio at work only to find the when I first try and created a project usiing Adobe CC After Effects 2019 that is does't work and keeps freezing. My old computer works better!!!!!

We have installed the latest Mojave 10.14.6 operating system which could be one of the problems.

We did a test on one of the projects files I was trying to work on with another machine we use for animated projects in studio. This other machine is running Mojave 10.14.4 and After Effects on this computer seems to work ok with the project and not freeze. We then tested the same working project file on another machine in studio running Mojave 10.14.5 and After Effects froze on this machine.

I have had to resort to using my old machine which is a Mid 2011 iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB. Most of my working projects have been created on this machine and although it is not fast it is quite reliable. But this is complete unacceptable considering we've just spent all that money on a brand new machine.

What do I do? Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! What a nightmare. AE keeps crashing and renders won’t finish. Sometimes they run for hours and the progress bar behaves oddly as well.

Today I had to hard-reset my machine 5 times!

This seems to be an issue running for a while now. No help from Apple or Adobe??

Everything was perfect before I installed Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.... this 2019 15" MBP 32gb / 1tb w/ the upgraded GPU has locked up system wide an average of 15 times a DAY.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank You, I'm not alone!  2019 27" iMac, 128GB of Ram, External SSD Raid and external Cache Drive. Spent $6K on this system.  Started out great from August of 2019 to about November of 2019.  Damn thing crashes only while using after effects.  It crashes so hard my screen goes black and it reboots sometimes taking several minuets to reboot then it crashes again.  I'm very close to switching to nuke and I'm a die hard after effects user since version 3.0.  Called Apple and they say it's adobe.  What the hell can I do I have hundreds of shots to finish and this damn software crashes 20 times a day.  It's never been worse in the 25 years I've been using it.  It crashes during renders, ram previews, scrubbing through footage, I can't pinpoint the problem.  I reset the PRAM. Safe mode, Nothing!!!  I wanna just smash the computer!   Mojave and Catalina and I cant even go back to high Sierra.  Fix this mess Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a freezing problem when using media encoder with premiere pro when rendering h264. I use 2019 version and it was working fine until recently. Then, I recalled when I was changing the settings in Premiere Pro to improve its performance, I changed the Video Rendering option from OpenGL to Software Only. But, I never changed the Media Encoder with the same rendering option with Software Only. But once I changed it, it's now working great and fast again. So, just make sure that both Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder uses the same rendering option. You might also make After Effects the same too if you use it with Media Encoder to do export rendering. Hope this helps!

iz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatley its Mojave thats the culprit and not AE.

It is a very unstable OS and I would highly recommend going back to High Sierra and completing mission crtical work.

Catalina's jury is still out but it seems slightly better. Wait until its matured enough to take the leap

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines